Our objective on every job is to install the desired stucco or stone wall system to the manufacturers specifications while adhering to ASTM standard guidelines and local building codes for each application. We educate our customers of proper installation techniques to help them understand how their wall system functions and how to maintain it. Unfortunately, not all contractors work to this standard. The majority of the remediation and repair work we've completed could have been prevented. Improper installation of stucco surrounding windows, flashings, lack of control joints, improper stucco terminations, sealant and the list goes on. Poor workmanship and improper stucco or stone installation can lead to extensive moisture damage compromising the structural integrity of your home or business. These problems can be unseen, developing over time promoting mold growth and may require the complete removal of all stucco, sheathing, framing members, insulation, drywall, etc. putting your health at risk not to mention the ensuing costs.
What should you look for?
The list below is few obvious indications of a potential problem and may aid you in early detection, but the potential for problems is not limited to these items. A skilled professional should make an evaluation of potential issues you may have. Contact us for a free inspection.
- Cracked or bulging walls.
- Dark staining located under windows and at rooflines.
- Lack of caulk or sealant surrounding windows & doors.
- Moisture penetration on the interior walls, floors & ceilings.
- Discoloration of drywall and interior walls.
- Moldy or musty smell on the adjacent side of stucco exterior.
- Lack of flashings above windows, doors, roof lines etc.